In a tradition of celebrating artistic and technical excellence in Bangla cinema, Filmfare successfully hosted the 6th edition of Filmfare Awards Bangla along with Joy Personal Care as the title partner on March 10th at the ITC Royal Bengal in Kolkata. As always, the night was resplendent with stars gracing the red carpet, entertaining the crowd, and being felicitated for their works. This year, through its broad categories – Popular Awards, Critics’ Awards, and Technical Awards, Filmfare commemorated the contributions of those behind the scenes as well.
The audience was thrilled when two movies, Ballabhpurer Roopkatha and Dostojee, were announced as winners under the Best Film category. Mithun Chakraborty won the award for Best Actor (Male) for his extraordinary performance in Projapati, while Swastika Mukherjee received the award for Best Actor (Female) for her role in Shrimati. The evening saw a powerhouse performer, a prolific filmmaker, and an articulate writer, Aparna Sen, bagging the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Other awardees included A Holy Conspiracy (Saibal Mitra) and Abhijaan (Parambrata Chatterjee), which won the Critics Award for Best Film; talented actor Jisshu Sengupta, who won the Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Male) for his movie Abhijaan; and gorgeous ladies Gargee Roy Chowdhury (for Mahananda) and Shubhashree Ganguly (for Boudi Canteen), who won Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Female). In addition, the movie X EQUALS TO PREM leads Shruti Das and Anindya Sengupta to receive awards for Best Debut Female and Best Debut Male, respectively. Two young directors, Ishaan Ghose (for Jhilli) and Kumar Chowdhury (for Priyo Chinar Pata: Iti Segun), won the award under the category of Best Debut Director.
The grand ceremony presented an eye-glimpsing performance by rockstar Ankush Hazra. Other stupendous performances featured Nussrat Jahan, Monami Ghosh, and Srabanti Chatterjee. The star-studded evening was hosted by a dazzling trio of Ankush Hazra, Anirban Bhattacharya, and Srabanti Chatterjee. The ceremony also had a special comic act by the scintillating duo, Biswanath Basu and Ambarish Bhattacharya.
The evening was a celeb-studded affair, and the red carpet was graced by personalities like Jisshu Sengupta, Aparna Sen, Nussrat Jahan, Sourav Das, Subhashree Ganguly, Payel Sarkar, Swastika Mukherjee, Oindrila Sen, Jaya Ahsan, Anirban Chatterjee, Tanusree Shankar, Ditipriya Roy, Ishaa Saha, Parambrata Chatterjee, Shrabanti Chatterjee, Ritabhari Chakraborty, Mamata Shankar, Koushani Mukherjee, Gargee Roy Chowdhury, Parna Mitra, Susmita Chatterjee, Sandipta Sen, Avijit Sen, Koneenica Banerjee, Sauraseni Maitra, among others.
Speaking on the occasion, Deepak Lamba, CEO, of Worldwide Media, said, “Bangla cinema has always been at the forefront of innovation and creativity, producing works that are ahead of their time. Today, the new generation of talented filmmakers and artists continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in cinema, showcasing their exceptional work on the global stage. At Filmfare, we are honored to recognize these outstanding achievements with the iconic Black Lady award. I extend my heartfelt congratulations to all the winners, whose remarkable work and performances have captivated audiences worldwide. I would also like to express my gratitude to all our partners for their invaluable support, which has contributed to the resounding success of this year’s edition.”
Editor of Filmfare, Mr. Jitesh Pillaai, added, “It gives me great pleasure to congratulate the winners of the sixth edition of Filmfare Awards Bangla. Their exceptional work and performances have truly showcased the talent and creativity of the Bangla film industry on the global stage. We at Filmfare are honored to recognize and celebrate these achievements with the iconic Black Lady. We also extend our heartfelt gratitude to our partners for their support in making this edition a resounding success. With our strong and enduring relationship with the industry, we eagerly anticipate many more years of this inspiring celebration.”
Joy Filmfare Awards Bangla 2022 complete winners list:
- Best Actor male – Mithun Chakraborty for Projapoti
- Best actor female – Swastika Mukherjee for Shrimati
- Best director – Prasun Chatterjee for Dostojee
- Best film – Dostojee and Ballabhpurer Roopkatha
- Best editing award – Argha Kamal Mitra
- Best sound design – Tirthankar Majumdar for Aparajito
- Best production design -Subrata Barik for Ballabhpurer Roopkotha
- Best cinematography- Ishan Ghosh for Jhilli , Tuhin Biswas for Dostojee
- Best background score – Bickram Ghosh for Mahananda
- Best costume- Suchismita Dasgupta
- Best original story – Kumar Chowdhury for Priyo Chinar Pata Iti Segun
- Best screenplay- Prasun Chatterjee for Dostojee
- Best dialogue- Prateek Dutta and Anirban Bhattacharya for Ballabhpurer Roopkotha
- Best Playback singer male – Arijit Singh for Aajkey Raate
- Best Playback singer female – Kaushiki Chakraborty for Keno Rong Diley Mone
- Best lyrics – Anirban Bhattacharya
- Best music director – Indraadip Dasgupta for Bismillah
- Lifetime Achievement award- Aparna Sen
- Best supporting actor male – Shyamal Chakraborty for Ballabhpurer Roopkatha
- Best supporting actor female – Mamata Shankar for Projapati
- Best debut actor male – Anindya Sengupta for x=prem
- Best debut actor female – Shruti Das and Piyali Samanta
- Best debut director – Ishan Ghosh for Jhilli and Kumar Chowdhury for Priyo Chinar Pata Iti Segun
- Best film critic choice – A holy conspiracy
- Best actor male critics choice – Jisshu U Sengupta
- Best Actor female critic choice – Gargi Roy Chowdhury, Subhashree Ganguly
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings